Saturday, November 6, 2010

Winterizing here we come!

Ok, time for a new project.  Winterizing begins tomorrow. 

I've decided to hang out here in Southwest Colorado until Christmas which gives me time to experience a taste of winter in the coach. 

So far we've had a few hard frosts, but the days have been sunny and well into the 60's and 70's --- ahhh, that Colorado weather is spectacular, isn't it?!

I doubt that it will change much in the next 7-8 weeks, but I want to be prepared.  I'll need skirting, and plastic covering for the windows, and insulation for the fan vents.  AND, I'm going to attempt to install a programmable thermostat also. 

That thermostat did not make the list of essentials that the RV Park Office staff offered to me.  It is driven by my love of reading and writing in the early mornings.  At 5 each day I'm ready to get up, but have hesitated to get out of my delightfully comfy and warm bedroom by the cold morning air lately. 

My strategy of jumping out of bed, hoping a few steps, reaching to adjust the thermostat, and jumping back into bed has not been comforting to Cat. She assumes that all that activity means that she'd only waste time and effort to re-settle herself into the down comforter. (It's her favorite time of the day too, and since I'm up, the saucer of cream will be on the floor for her shortly!)

So, I'll attempt this programmable thermostat installation, an over-the-top addition to the coach. We'll see how it pans out. 

I know you're all probably wondering what is coming next --- well, so am I!  :)  These next weeks will test me to know if I'm tough enough for winter here, or if I'll be heading down to the southern states to flee the cold. One day at a time will tell.  Isn't that the way life is?!

No comments:

Post a Comment