Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coming out of the Closet


I'm really struggling with my writing, like I never have before.  
    
I'm terrified of talking about my faith ---- 
and yet it's everything to me.  
      
How do you get people to understand how big 
and how un-be-lieve-able-ly 
it changes everything in life?
     
How do you get people to understand how, 
if they just pay a little attention they will quickly see
that every moment in each of our lives is uniquely designed
in a most wonder-filled way?  
     
How do you write about that without sounding trite? 
       
I know it's possible.  I'm just facing a wall of fear right now.
       
Mostly about what people will think about my faith.  
       
My God is real, and he is present in every moment.
       
I have no doubt.
       
I have plenty of real life examples to prove it.
      
I have to share them with you,
       
because something in me won't let me not.
      
       
So, for example, before I knew I was coming to Colorado for the summer, I asked God if it would be possible for me to have a hiking trail right outside of my back door.
    
Next thing I know, I have a summer job that includes an employer-provided campsite, and wouldn't you know it, right outside of my back door is a beautiful hiking trail.
      
Coincidence you say?  
Well, maybe. 
When I was a younger believer, I responded the same way.
      
However, consider this.
My campsite -- the one that is provided by my employer -- is smack dab in the middle of a National Park.
      
Oh, and one more thing. That National Park also happens to be a WORLD Heritage Site.
     
AND, as if that wasn't enough, free laundry and wi-fi are included with the campsite.

Now, can you really call that coincidence?
       






1 comment:

  1. Hey Mama Al - love the post!! Thank you for your candid words. Simply and beautifully stated.

    ReplyDelete