Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Intentional Ignorance

I've been reading all about how to write a compelling blog for the past two days, and my result. . . writer's block.

I keep coming back to intentional ignorance. I love that. Let me show you something. 

Ignorance is defined as:lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular. Without exception each and every one of us is naturally ignorant about something --- well, many things.
That's not good or bad, it just is.

But intentional ignorance.  Well, that's a good thing. 

It means that we are consciously making choices about what we want to know about, and how much we want to know. It's a matter of how we choose to spend our most valuable resource --- our time.

Intentional ignorance is about defining our values. 

Oh I could offer plenty of example of how it shows up in our relationships, and the condition of our bodies, and our value in the workplace.

But, the first step in practicing intentional ignorance is spotting it in your own life.  Go ahead, give it a try.  

Need some inspiration? 


No comments:

Post a Comment