Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Normal

Today was a typical Saturday.  Get up and clean the house, do a little home repair and improvement, and take the afternoon off.  It's probably the closest to normal that I've been since I purchased this home. When it's not on the road, Coach Life is pretty much the same as permanent home life. I even have wireless internet service and cable tv service --- and, actually more channels that I get at home. 

Since I've been close to Durango, CO, I've been visiting with my son Nick, and his wife, Kristen.  That's normal. I visit them regularly on weekends throughout the year. We enjoy each other's company. It's easy to think about staying here close to them, but that's not part of the plan. 

I'm in a process of blending the old normal with the new normal.  Spending time with Nick and Kristen is part of a day that also includes formulating the next trip leg, researching another income lead, learning something new about the coach (today it was the propane system), or visiting with fellow campers and RVer's.

It's one thing to say I'm going to travel around in an RV and help people, it's totally different putting it into action.

I must find some way to help someone here before I move on.  And, I must move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment