Monday, October 11, 2010

Home Repair Opportunities Abound

Today I am officially “hooked-up”.  I have checked in for the week at a gorgeous park along the banks of the Pine River in southwestern Colorado.

My mobile homestead has running water (hot and cold), plumbing, and electricity.  The camp host was extremely friendly, helpful and full of useful tips about utilities, seasonal challenges, and driving tips. 

He reminded me that in all matters, take the feminine approach --- use a gentle touch everywhere inside and outside of the coach. 

“Oh,” I exclaimed as he instructed, “there’s lots of potential to break things on this vehicle.” 

“Yes, there’s lots of potential to break things.” He echoed.

When he left, I went inside and figured out how to operate the blinds by myself. 

I opened the window quickly, . . . and was left holding the a piece of the window clasp between my fingers. 

My first first-hand experience with a broken thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment